Superwife - Camo belt - D

My wife of 8 years and mother of our three kids. She started TKD after the birth of Odie, our third child.

Princess - Camo Belt - D

Our seven-year-old daughter. She was originally supposed to be a spectator to Cowboy, but jumped in and has proven to have an incredible talent for the martial arts.

Cowboy - Camo Belt - D

Our six-year-old son. He is small for his age, so starting him in TKD is what got us into this mess. He is very close to our Chief Instructor, and his spirit is twice as big as he is.

Odie

Our youngest son, born in April of 2006. By the time he is old enough to start, we should all be Black Belts.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Going the Distance

Class on Tuesday turned out to be a bust, because (again) all we did was drills. I did manage to pop Alan in the side of the head (totally accidentally) with a round kick during one of the drills when the instructor told me that I needed to be kicking higher. He mentioned that, starting tonight, that we would be in full tournament prep mode--so full sparring and focusing on SA#3 and weapons, if we decide to do them. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to hold off on doing SJB in competition for the time being.

I was a little worried, during the class, because my heart rate had jumped so high due to dehydration. When I got on the scale that night it read 201.4, but then I drank a 1/2 gallon of crystal light to bring things back into the norm. I've run every day this week, and motivation is pretty high.

Class tonight. Mesa in nine days.

26 days to go.

CHALLENGE STATUS

PUSHUP: -572
SITUPS: -572
MILES: -12.2

Labels:

Comments on "Going the Distance"

 

post a comment