Superwife - Camo belt - D

My wife of 8 years and mother of our three kids. She started TKD after the birth of Odie, our third child.

Princess - Camo Belt - D

Our seven-year-old daughter. She was originally supposed to be a spectator to Cowboy, but jumped in and has proven to have an incredible talent for the martial arts.

Cowboy - Camo Belt - D

Our six-year-old son. He is small for his age, so starting him in TKD is what got us into this mess. He is very close to our Chief Instructor, and his spirit is twice as big as he is.

Odie

Our youngest son, born in April of 2006. By the time he is old enough to start, we should all be Black Belts.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Final Month of UWBT

I am so tired.

With less than a month to go (28 days to be exact) on the Ultimate White Belt Challenge it has become crunch time. I'm catching up on my running, but my pushups and situps are suffering pretty badly right now. With limited time remaining, I've broken down the spreadsheet to keep a running total of how much of each I have to do each day. Right now I've managed to get the run down to 1.8 miles per day, but the pushups and situps are still close to 100 per day. I really just need one big day to catch up on each like I did back in November.

My record miles in a week is 23.7, which I did last month. I'm at 17.8 today, with four days to go. When you couple that with the 1000 or so calories I'm trying to keep myself limited to you can have some pretty drastic (both postive and negative) effects. After running (for the third time) last night, for a total of 10 (new record) in the day, I got on the scale hoping that the weight I had gained from last week had dropped back down below 210. My jaw dropped when the readout finally came up:

203.8

I am less than four pounds from my goal at Nationals, albeit I'm only that low when dehydrated after working out. And Nationals is still a month and a half away.

The negative effect, obviously, is fatigue from overtraining. Usually by this time of the week, after I burn all the stored calories I eat over the weekend, my energy drops like a rock. My metabolism slows to a standstill, too, and by Thursday I usually gain a pound back or two. But if I can be 205, hydrated, on Friday I will be one happy camper.


CHALLENGE STATUS

PUSHUP: -711
SITUPS: -711
MILES: -12.3

Labels:

Comments on "Final Month of UWBT"

 

post a comment