Superwife - Camo belt - D

My wife of 8 years and mother of our three kids. She started TKD after the birth of Odie, our third child.

Princess - Camo Belt - D

Our seven-year-old daughter. She was originally supposed to be a spectator to Cowboy, but jumped in and has proven to have an incredible talent for the martial arts.

Cowboy - Camo Belt - D

Our six-year-old son. He is small for his age, so starting him in TKD is what got us into this mess. He is very close to our Chief Instructor, and his spirit is twice as big as he is.

Odie

Our youngest son, born in April of 2006. By the time he is old enough to start, we should all be Black Belts.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

There Really is a Santa Claus

Thank God the season is finished.

I'm not sure I could have kept going if this were to continue on for a couple more weeks. We had our first class back last night, Princess's second in the adult class. I feel bad for her, but am proud at the same time, since she is so small in a class full of big people. The instructor is doing a decent job of helpinbg her along, though I don't think she's going to get the same quality of instruction that she was in the K4K class. It's just too much for one instructor to be able to do.

On an extremely positive note--it turns out I left my bag not on the sidewalk in front of the church, but on the sidewalk in front of the school. So the instructors went out and stuck it in the office. It was like having a belated Christmas gift. Putting that belt back on felt better the second time than the first.

Seventeen days until Mesa, my official "warmup" for Vegas. Although we ran 15 miles over the break, I did barely any pushups or situps during the break. My mission in life is to catch up to be on schedule by the end of the month--that means 60 miles or so this month. It's going to be hard, but do-able. I'd like to start working on sprints so that I'm not winded after 3 minutes of sparring.


CHALLENGE STATUS

PUSHUP: -637
SITUPS: -567
MILES: -29.2


Comments on "There Really is a Santa Claus"

 

Blogger Brittney said ... (6:34 PM) : 

Glad you got you belt and gear back!

Brittney

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:41 PM) : 

Hallelujah! I'm relieved for you! (As I really know how much that stuff costs, and I know how it is to be paying that off too!) Thank goodness. Good to know that you can rely on the people at your school to help protect your stuff! Going to compete in Mesa AND Vegas? Sweet! I'm envious of you going to Vegas. If I had the funds and means, I'd go myself. I'll have to tell you some people to look out for to say "Hi" to and tell them that you know me. ;-)

REALLY happy to hear about the recovered bag. It's a Christmas/New Year's miracle! :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 PM) : 

Send me some of that motivation-PLEASE!

 

post a comment