Superwife - Camo belt - D

My wife of 8 years and mother of our three kids. She started TKD after the birth of Odie, our third child.

Princess - Camo Belt - D

Our seven-year-old daughter. She was originally supposed to be a spectator to Cowboy, but jumped in and has proven to have an incredible talent for the martial arts.

Cowboy - Camo Belt - D

Our six-year-old son. He is small for his age, so starting him in TKD is what got us into this mess. He is very close to our Chief Instructor, and his spirit is twice as big as he is.

Odie

Our youngest son, born in April of 2006. By the time he is old enough to start, we should all be Black Belts.

Monday, September 04, 2006

I'm Back

A bane of my existence has always been going TDY. In a wild paradox, the overflow of free time coupled with singular distractions equates to me wasting a great deal of time--either watching the TV or other things. As a result, and honestly, as expected, my challenge collapsed as soon as I left home for 5 weeks.

I tried desperately to get ahead of the game prior to coming here, but in the end it didn't help a whole lot. I missed my first PV by a mile. I've kind of gotten back on the horse, but here's the challenge as it stands:

CHALLENGE STATUS

PUSHUP: -632
SITUPS: -1082
MILES: -15.4
FORMS: -23
SPARRING: -13
RAOK: GAVE UP
JOURNAL: -21

So, as you can see, I have some work to do.

Since I last wrote both the kids and SW took their tests--SW is now an Orange Belt and the kids are each Yellow-R's. We're having some issues with Princess applying herself and practicing, but we're working on it. I also entered the Battle of the Beach tournament, my first. It was a little disappointing because there were only 3 people (including myself) in my division, even though it was a class A tournament. I tok first in sparring, but I got hammered in my form--for reasons which I still don't get. The hurtle, however, was to enter a tournament for the first time--so mission accomplished. Next one is on Sept 23rd at the AZ Fall regionals.

That's it for now.

Comments on "I'm Back"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:30 PM) : 

Congrats on the sparring win! Excellent! Yeah, getting through the first tournament is a hurdle, but you did it! Job well done. I'm debating on whether I will go to another regional that's in September in DE. It seems so soon, so I might wait until November for one that's back here in NJ again. We'll see.

 

post a comment