Superwife - Camo belt - D

My wife of 8 years and mother of our three kids. She started TKD after the birth of Odie, our third child.

Princess - Camo Belt - D

Our seven-year-old daughter. She was originally supposed to be a spectator to Cowboy, but jumped in and has proven to have an incredible talent for the martial arts.

Cowboy - Camo Belt - D

Our six-year-old son. He is small for his age, so starting him in TKD is what got us into this mess. He is very close to our Chief Instructor, and his spirit is twice as big as he is.

Odie

Our youngest son, born in April of 2006. By the time he is old enough to start, we should all be Black Belts.


This is a chronicle of my journey with my family along the paths of Songham Tae Kwon Do. Our destination is multi-faceted--but for my wife and I it is an odyssey of self-renewal and discovery.

My Profile

Creative Commons License

Help Black Belt Mama get an interview with Barbara,Button compliments of Martial Arts Pagoda

Powered by Blogger
Kanji

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Personal Victories

I need to accomplish six "Personal Victories" during the six month test. To do this, I;ve broken it down into one PV/month. I named each one after an aspect of my character or personality that I want to become. Here they are:

AUGUST: "Determined." To complete this I need to be 100% on-time or ahead in all events of my SOD test on 1 September. I figured I'd start off easy.

SEPTEMBER: "Reliable." I am notoriously late. Always late. And I forget to do things that I've promised people I would do all the time. For the month of September I will focus on being on time or early to 100% of the things I commit to.

OCTOBER: "Organized." I am a horrible slob, both at work and at home. During this month I will dedicate the majority of my efforts to being as organized as possible, both at home and at work.

NOVEMBER: "Financially Stable." My wife and I make a lot of money. We're not rich, just not for want of a whole lot. The problem with this is that we don't pay attention to our finances really at all, and it sometimes gets us in trouble. During November I will focus on our family's finances, create and stick to a budget, and balance everything we spend in our bank account.

DECEMBER: "Healthy." During this month I will quit all kinds of unhealthy habits that I have, such as caffeine and overeating among others. It will probably be hard due to the holidays.

JANUARY: "Sober." I couldn't think of a better word. All it means is that I won't touch alcohol for the month of January.

That's it. As each month arrives I'll get more specific on the conditions for success.

Comments on "Personal Victories"

 

post a comment