Superwife - Camo belt - D

My wife of 8 years and mother of our three kids. She started TKD after the birth of Odie, our third child.

Princess - Camo Belt - D

Our seven-year-old daughter. She was originally supposed to be a spectator to Cowboy, but jumped in and has proven to have an incredible talent for the martial arts.

Cowboy - Camo Belt - D

Our six-year-old son. He is small for his age, so starting him in TKD is what got us into this mess. He is very close to our Chief Instructor, and his spirit is twice as big as he is.

Odie

Our youngest son, born in April of 2006. By the time he is old enough to start, we should all be Black Belts.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Rules

Again, I got this challenge from the back of a flyer at the Arizona Regional tournament. A lot more detail can be found at the UBBT Website. The real UBBT is a year-long program that, at my point, is impossible. We're talking 1000 pushups/situps a week, running 1000 miles in a year, stuff like that. Eventually, I'd like to do that, but for this one I cut the requirements down to 25% and shortened it to six months.

In order for me to stay on schedule, I need to be doing 70 pushups/situps a day, and running 1.7 miles a day. Obviously, I'm not doing that. So I have days like yesterday, when I did 235 pushups and 200 situps. That got me back on schedule for pushups, but I fell behind on running--so I ran 2.5 miles today. In order to get my first PV I need to keep that up. I really think it's doable.

Currently:

PUSHUP: +50
SITUPS: -25
MILES: -1.6
FORMS: -11 (ugh...I'm testing in 3 days)
SPARRING: -25 (ditto)
RAOK: -25
JOURNAL: -9

There's a catch--in order for it to be a test of my own discipline, nothing that I do in class or our squadron PT sessions (3x a week) will count towards my numbers. Everything is from me only.

Comments on "The Rules"

 

post a comment