Superwife - Camo belt - D

My wife of 8 years and mother of our three kids. She started TKD after the birth of Odie, our third child.

Princess - Camo Belt - D

Our seven-year-old daughter. She was originally supposed to be a spectator to Cowboy, but jumped in and has proven to have an incredible talent for the martial arts.

Cowboy - Camo Belt - D

Our six-year-old son. He is small for his age, so starting him in TKD is what got us into this mess. He is very close to our Chief Instructor, and his spirit is twice as big as he is.

Odie

Our youngest son, born in April of 2006. By the time he is old enough to start, we should all be Black Belts.


This is a chronicle of my journey with my family along the paths of Songham Tae Kwon Do. Our destination is multi-faceted--but for my wife and I it is an odyssey of self-renewal and discovery.

My Profile

Creative Commons License

Help Black Belt Mama get an interview with Barbara,Button compliments of Martial Arts Pagoda

Powered by Blogger
Kanji

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Good Times

Last night rocked.

We're trying a new schedule in which the monkies have their class (probably plural soon, since Princess will most likely move up to Karate for Kids) just before ours and then wait while we do our class. That part didn't go too well, as class had to be interrupted twice to calm the kids (there were more than just mine out there) down. I guess we'll see how that goes. Short of buying a cot and putting it in the dojang, I'm not sure what other options we have.

I am getting in better shape. One problem I have is that I have a difficult time going at 75%. SO when we are doing kicks across the room, I'm exhausted by the third run--even when we have seven that we're going to do. Even so--I managed to hang in there, and my kicks were higher than before. I'm still having some trouble with the mechanics of the round-house kick, which surprises me since that was one of my favorite kicks back in the day.

On that note--I'm starting to realize that I don't really have any advantage here by having taken Kempo 15 years ago. The abilities I once had just aren;t there anymore. The sooner I can get that down, the better.

Even so--I had a great time last night. We're about 75% of the way through Songahm #2, and it's starting to stick.

Comments on "Good Times"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:12 PM) : 

Hooray for sticky Songham #2! :-P Good for you! I wish I could say the same for the tail end of my form!

 

post a comment